Little Flippers Swim School is currently targeting Monday, July 6th for a return to the pool. Based on the most recent guidelines provided by the governing state and local authorities; the experiences of swim schools in other parts of the country as well as excellent swim schools we regularly work with in other countries who are ahead of the U.S. in reopening. We are confident that we can provide a safe environment for your children to continue their swimming journey.
- Yes. The CDC issued guidance that it is safe to swim as the virus cannot be spread via properly chlorinated and maintained pool water. Every Emler pool meets or exceeds the health standards set by the CDC.
- Here is a LINK to the CDC direction on swimming and pool water.
- Likewise, HERE is an article outlining how the virus cannot be spread in a properly maintained pool.
Little Flippers Swim School will reopen with three (4) different options for your children. Each lesson option will allow you to utilize your credits and/or make ups as either full or a partial payment for the class type selected. There is nothing for you to do right now. We are actively preparing the schedules and will communicate the process very soon. A brief overview of the four options follows below:
- Traditional Group – 2 to 4 children per class with a teacher who has their mouth and nose covered.
- Private Lessons – one child with one teacher who has their mouth and nose covered.
- Parent & Child – one parent in the water while instruction is given socially distanced. There would be multiple parents and children in the water doing the same lesson with the necessary space allowed between participants. One child with one parent in the water while instruction is provided from the pool deck.
- Additionally, you may self-form a group of 3-4 students. If you prefer to swim with children of friends and families who you know, we can accommodate that request.
- For options 2, 3 and 4, please reach out to email@example.com for scheduling.
Little Flippers Swim School is making every effort to bring back all employees. There may be some who have moved back home from college or are unable to return for other reasons. In those cases, teachers will be replaced with equally skilled and well-trained instructors.
- One caretaker per child is allowed inside the swim school. No exceptions.
- Chairs in the observation rooms will be placed 6 feet apart and we ask that you be mindful of others and patient while occupying shared spaces.
- A Little Flippers employee will be assigned to the front door and will monitor and guide traffic flow in and out of the building.
- We ask that students arrive only five minutes before their scheduled class time to keep occupancy numbers within guidelines and walkways clear. Likewise, please exit the building as soon as possible following your child’s lesson to assist us in delivering classes on time for the next session.
- Lesson start times will be staggered to ensure we have a controlled flow of people into the facilities.
- Currently, we are making plans to operate with no more than 50 people in the building at any one time. We will continue to follow local and state recommendations for how many people will be allowed in our facilities and will schedule our lessons to meet and adhere to these requirements.
- We are going to keep track of the facility load management and people will only be let into the facility once people leave when we reach the mandated person limit.
- If you would like to get a sense of how many people will be in the facility during your lesson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to schedule your class at times when the facility loads make you most comfortable, we will be prepared to work with you.
- Anyone (including employees) over the age of 2 entering Little Flippers Swim School will be required to wear a covering over their mouths and noses. Anyone who does not have something to cover their mouth and nose will have the opportunity to purchase a mask at the reception desk. PLEASE NOTE: We will not require parents or children will not to wear any face covering while swimming or in a Little Flippers Class.
- Little Flippers will be conducting temperature screening checks on all staff and teachers within 5 minutes of the beginning of their shifts. Individuals with an elevated temperature will not be permitted in the building.
- Reception desks will be equipped with protective acrylic barriers.
- Teachers in the water with students will initially be wearing face shields. As safe and allowed, teachers may move over time to less visible coverings such as goggles and gators. While a face shield may be a strange sight to your child, we will be working on making the shields as fun as possible and are working on providing a video to show your child to help with this introduction. Our goal is to maintain Little Flippers commitment to creating a warm and loving environment while also keeping your children and our valued teachers safe.
- Please bring your own goggles. For the time being, Little Flippers Swim School will no longer let children borrow goggles. For your convenience, we will have goggles for sale at the reception desk.
- Please bring your own towel. For the time being, Little Flippers Swim School will no longer let children borrow towels. Sorry!
- Face covering should NOT be worn in the pool. This is applicable to employees and swim school families. Face shield will be wore by swim instructors in the pool. Face masks will be worn by all employees when not in the pool. Acrylic sneeze guards will be at the front desk. Temperature checks will be performed on all employees and may be monitored for swimmers and for parents. We are relying on families to stay home if they have any symptoms.
- We have always followed CDC cleaning protocols and those set out by other health professionals and authorities. We also use CDC recommended cleaning products.
- The facility will be wiped down throughout the day as swim families come and go every 30 minutes, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
- Disinfecting wipes will continue to be available throughout the facility and in changing areas.
- The use of pool toys in our lessons is being scaled back and all toys and equipment that may be used will be disinfected between uses.
- Cleaning by our professional agency will continue and, as always, they will use commercial-grade cleaning supplies approved by the CDC. Additional deep cleans will be utilized as needed or recommended.
- Hand sanitizer will remain available at all locations.
- Since its inception, Little Flippers Swim School has been at the forefront of building and maintaining pools that fight the spread of viruses and bacteria, including COVID-19, as well as the flu and other common childhood viruses.
- Providing a safe and clean environment is why Little Flippers Swim School has invested heavily in the infrastructure of our pools.
- In addition to the appropriate use of chlorine, each pool has a high-quality UV water purification system that keeps the water clean. When water is pumped through our UV system, ultraviolet light rays kill dangerous germs and inactivates viruses.
- Little Flipper’s cutting-edge air filtration systems continuously expel stale air from the pool room and replace it with 100% ambient, fresh air at a rate of 8 times per hour.
- Our dehumidifiers have features like antimicrobial filters and controls that enable us to maintain healthy humidity levels that reduce the survival of bacteria and viruses.
- Little Flippers Swim Schools are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that monitors pool chemicals electronically and, in addition, we perform scheduled and documented manual water tests throughout the day to maintain healthy and balanced pools.
- Little Flippers pools are permitted by the governing Health Departments and are periodically inspected without notice by local authorities.
- If you have visited Little Flippers Swim School and have come in close contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms, we ask that you please notify the school immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to the swim school.
- Any individual with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 is asked to notify us and remain out of the swim school until receiving written medical clearance to return.
- If you have traveled outside of the country or been in contact with anyone who has, or with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or any flu-like virus, please notify the school immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to the swim school.
- In general, if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of any illness, we ask that you fully recover before returning to the swim school.
- Little Flippers is continuously updating its safety measures so you may see additional precautions being implemented or existing protocols modified at the school.
We are asking only one caregiver per child.
- My other child who is not swimming, and I have no other option then to bring them- if your family has no other choice, bring the sibling and keep them close to you.
- My 2 children swim one after another. What can I do with them when not swimming? Keep them close to you and respect social distancing.
- If a baby swims with one parent, can the other parent attend? We prefer one parent comes per child. We understand there may be situations were 2 adults are needed.
Little Flippers pools are some of the cleanest and safest places for your children and our instructors.