- One of our goals is to develop long term relationships with all of the families who swim with us. To do this we have small class sizes allowing for lots of individual interaction. We also have a DECK SUPERVISOR who is a senior staff member and experienced instructor. The deck supervisor is the “concierge” for both the instructors and parents. The deck supervisor assists instructors with evaluating students and they provide an extra layer of safety as the extra eyes to watch all of the classes. The deck supervisor knows all of the students and can advise parents on progress and address any concerns you may have about your child’s class. We have customer service specialists who can assist you with registration, swim gear purchases and any questions about our programs. Thank you for choosing Little Flippers!
Founders – Edward and Sally Poveromo
- Prior to owning her own business Sally Poveromo, M. Ed., worked in sales for a biotechnology firm and as a chemist for a major pharmaceutical company. She now joins her husband Ed, a former NCAA Collegiate Swimming and Diving team member, as they introduce their Little Flippers Swim School program to families in the Boston area. Together they have a shared belief that swimming is one of the greatest physical activities in the world and that swimming education has become essential for infants and toddler safety. They want to expand opportunities for children to get movement education and whether it is in the gym or the pool, provide experiences that teach learning skills and life skills better than other children’s activities, especially for young children.
Young children live in a physical world and there is simply nothing like the progressive challenges of gymnastics and swimming activities for teaching self confidence. Both activities foster the life long health habits of physical activity.
- Sally is the founder of Planet Gymnastics and has owned and operated that business for 20 years. When not at work you can find Sally on the tennis court or out running. She has completed 3 Boston Marathons and now training for Chicago. Both Ed and Sally are current members of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance and the United States Swim School Association. They travel regularly around the country to meet with other aquatics professionals in order to stay abreast of new trends within the industry. Sally has completed all parts of the USSSA program of study for teaching infant and toddler swim and both Ed and Sally are American Red Cross Lifeguards and NSPF Certified Pool Operators. Little Flippers is the realization of a combined dream to provide kids of all ability levels, an opportunity to begin a life long love of water for safety, fitness, and enjoyment.
Andy Broido – Consulting Flipper & Curriculum Development Specialist
- Andy Broido sold her swim school, Quality Swimming, in October 2011 to two of her long time employees and quickly started her swim consulting practice. Andy recently joined Little Flippers Swim School as a part time consultant and is instructor for curriculum development and staff training. She currently splits her time between her business, A Broido consulting and the Swimagine Institute which is a division of 3rd Level Consulting.
- Swimming has always been a focal point of Andy Broido’s life. At age 12, Andy held her first swim instructor position at Brown Ledge Camp in Malletts Bay, Vermont and has been doing it ever since. She started her 1st swim school in Orange County, California in the 1970’s after holding multiple Aquatic Director Positions. In 1985 she moved to Boca Raton, Florida to direct the swim school at the world class facility Mission Bay. She built that school from the beginning until 1991 when Mission Bay closed and the swim school became Quality Swimming. Andy is a former USSSA board member and a long time member of the infant committee. She is also a member of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance, Swim Australia and Safe Kids.
Of course, the heart of our swim school is our dynamic professional teaching staff. They are specifically chosen for their child friendly personalities, maturity and compassion for children. In addition to their love of children and talent for teaching, they are all certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. Each of our instructors is well trained in the “Four Pillars of Swimming” method and regularly participate in hands on in water trainings and seminars. They are our Managers, Deck Supervisors, Swim Instructors and Deck Assistants. Our entire staff is also required to attend regular training workshops and they must pass a NCIS background check.
Our Management Team
Mr. Chris has been with Little Flippers since the Fall of 2012, right after the doors opened! Prior to discovering the swim school industry, Chris spent over 10 years teaching lessons, training instructors and managing staff for a variety of aquatic facilities. Developing those skills truly prepared him for the role of Operations Director. Chris is a fabulous mentor and enjoys working with the management team. He welcomes the opportunity to develop the staff around him and his enthusiasm is infectious! He embraces health & fitness as a lifestyle and credits that for his endless energy while at the workplace.
Miss Kelly has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2013. She is a graduate of Salem State University and has been teaching and coaching swimming for over 20 years. She is a former synchronized swimmer, competitive swimmer, triathlete and open water swimmer. Currently she enjoys swimming for fun and fitness. Kelly is also a Certified Lifeguarding Instructor for the American Red Cross and as Program Director, she enjoys developing the program, curriculum and training staff for success. She also loves teaching swimmers of all ages and abilities!
Mr. Gabe has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2013. He graduated from Boston University in May 2014 with a Bachelors in Social Science Education and a minor in Physical Education. Prior to working at Little Flippers, he was a racquetball instructor, softball coach, and even a dessert prep cook. He loves dogs, fishing, racquetball and turning each swim lesson into an exciting adventure. As the former Assistant Operations Manager at our Natick Location, he is very excited pass on the wealth of knowledge and experience to our staff as Operations Manager in Winchester.
Miss Grace began as a participant in Planet Gymnastics in 1998, her love of the sport resulted in her teaching gymnastics from 2008 – present. Her coaching experience also landed her a position as assistant softball coach at Gordon College where she graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology. Through her role as the Assistant Office Manager in Natick, Grace gained the skills and experience to be the Office Manager in Winchester.
Mr. Johnny joined the Little Flippers Team in 2016, with over ten years of aquatic experience in management, operations and staff training. He is excited to use that experience his role as Program Manager for our location in Winchester. As a certified Lifeguard and CPR Instructor, he loves sharing his experience and knowledge of aquatic safety with everyone he comes in contact with! Mr. Johnny grew up swimming competitively and has an undeniable love of the water. When not in the pool you can find him in the kitchen whipping up some delicious food or at the beach surfing. He loves working with children and has a tremendous passion for helping them learn and discover their hidden potentials.
Our Instructors, Office and Deck Support
Miss Caitlin – Deck Supervisor
Miss Shana – Deck Supervisor
Miss Maureen – Instructor
Mr. Nate – Instructor
Miss Christine – Deck Supervisor and Instructor
Miss Emily – Office
Miss Amy – Office
Miss Coreen – Instructor
Mr. John – Instructor
Mr. Alex – Instructor
Miss Tania – Instructor
Mr. Mitchel – Instructor
Mr. Christian – Instructor
Mr. Jack – Staff In Training
Miss Anna – Instructor
Miss Diane – Instructor