Please take the time to review our policies. These policies must be strictly enforced in order to meet our commitment of providing timely, quality service to all of our customers and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Session and Registration Information
Our year is divided into three sessions: Spring, Summer and Fall. Registration for for the Spring Session will take place in November, registration for the Summer Session will take place in April and registration for the Fall Session will take place in May (see the office for specific dates and times).
Fees and Payment Policies
Tuition is due on the first day of the session not the first scheduled class meeting of the session. All classes will be charged in full unless a monthly EFT plan is selected via customer portal before the first day of the session. Please remember, if you choose to pay monthly it will be 5 equal monthly payments (no exceptions or early cancellations). Upon Spring Session enrollment confirmation, you will need to reconfirm your payment plan by logging into your customer portal and confirm the e-payment schedule on the “my account” screen. THIS IS IMPORTANT as refunds for Paid in Full charges will not be given after full tuition is charged. remember, if you choose to pay monthly it will be 5 equal monthly payments- no exceptions or early cancellations. Customers are required to pay in full for special programs such as intensives, finswimming, clinics and the 9 week summer session. (Cash, Check, or Credit Card). In addition to class tuition, an annual registration fee of $35 for each student is due with the first registration of the calendar year. We reserve the right to change or cancel any class that does not fill. The $35 registration fee will be billed annually for all active students. All fees and tuition are non-refundable.
Summer 2018 Group Lesson Pricing
Little Flippers group lessons (Parent and Child) are $191 per 9-week session and must be paid in full. Swim Stars, Swim Kids and Swim Team Prep group lessons are $237 per 9-week session and must be paid in full.
Fall 2018 Group Lesson Pricing
Little Flippers group lessons (Parent and Child) are $88/month per 20-week session or save $28 by paying in full ($412). Swim Stars, Swim Kids and Swim Team Prep group lessons are $120/month per 20-week session or save $60 by paying in full ($540).
Private and Semi-Private Lesson Pricing
Privates (1:1) are $59 per 30 minute lesson. Semi-privates (2:1) are $45 per 30 minute lesson per person. No sibling discounts apply. Privates will be scheduled for either 5, 10, or 20 sessions. For 10 sessions, buy 9 get 1 free and 20 sessions buy 18 get 2 free. Note we do not arrange semi-private pairings. We are happy to accommodate those who form their own.
Refunds and Withdrawls
Little Flippers Swim School does not give credit and/or refunds for missed classes or classes cancelled due to holiday, weather or any other reason. Other than the initial 4 week money back guarantee for new students (2 weeks for the summer session and first class for summer intensives), refunds will not be issued. All sales are final for any product and/or service purchased and/or provided by Little Flippers Swim School. For SUMMER DAY PROGRAM, 100% refunds are given with 14 day advanced email notice.
We are happy to offer the following discounts for group lessons:
Multiple Class Discount – A 10% discount is given off additional classes within a session.
Sibling Discount – a second, third, fourth child from the same family enrolled in a Little Flippers classes will receive a 20% discount. (Discount is off the lowest tuition)
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
For new students only! If at any time during the first month (4 consecutive weeks from date enrolled regardless of absences) you are not completely satisfied with our program, we will refund your tuition. After this four-week period, there will be no refunds. Money back guarantee is only applicable to group lessons. (Note: Money back guarantee for summer session is within 2 weeks and money back guarantee for one week intensives is after the first class).
Insufficient Funds Policy
If your check is returned to us for any reason, a $40 fee will be charged to your account; payment is due immediately upon notification.
Absence and Make-up Policy
When students consistently attend their regularly scheduled class it creates the best possible learning environment for them. However, we realize that occasionally it is impossible to attend your regularly scheduled class; therefore as benefit to you, we offer unlimited make-ups!
- Unlimited make-ups will be give anytime during any group lesson session for which the child is enrolled. No make ups can be done during the first two weeks of the Spring and Fall sessions or the first week of the Summer session. See Private Lesson Page for Make-Up Policy and Make Ups Do Not Apply to First Flippers Classes!
- Advance notification of an absence is REQUIRED in order to be eligible for a make-up. Options for notification include: online through our website, calling, emailing or verbal notification through the office. Verbal notification to an instructor is not sufficient. For last minute notifications please notify the office as soon as possible.
- Make-up space is not guaranteed. It is on a first come first serve basis.
- Absences can not be credited towards future tuition.
- We DO NOT guarantee the same teacher, time or student ratio for group lesson make ups.
- Make-ups cannot be rescheduled, we DO NOT make-up a make-up.
- Make-ups will only carry over to the next session that the student is enrolled in.
A safe and healthy environment is important for all children. This illness policy is designed to protect the health of your child, the other children and the staff. Please do not bring your child to swim lessons if he/she has had:
- Diarrhea, vomiting or ear infections within 2 days
- A fever
- Undiagnosed sores or rash
If your child has an open sore that requires a bandage please do not allow them to swim, remove ALL band-aids before entering water. If the cut or scrape requires a bandage, the child should not swim until the wound is healed. Please inform instructors of any medical conditions such as diabetes, tubes in the ears, epilepsy, asthma or any physical or mental disabilities prior to the start of lessons. These conditions do not hinder a child from participating but may affect the way a teacher attends to each students needs.
Parents must fill out on line emergency contact forms as well as medical forms for each child.
Double Layer Policy for Children Under 4 years
All students under the age of four, even if they are potty trained, must wear a disposable swim diaper and an approved non – disposable swim diaper to assure a double layer of protection. The non – disposable swim diaper must pass the two – finger test (if two fingers can be inserted under the elastic in the legs and waist, the swim diaper is too large and the child will not be permitted to enter the water). Wearing only one diaper (regardless of the type) is not allowed. Non disposable swim diapers are available for purchase through us and in addition, some students who have shown a tendency to have an accident in the pool may be required to wear special clothing for containment (adult size rubber pants). Please respect our policy as we strive to provide our customers with the cleanest and safest facility possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support on this matter.
Parental Supervision & Unattended Children
Please do not let children enter the pool area until the teacher calls them. All children must be supervised by parents when not in the water. Siblings in the viewing area must be supervised as well. No child is to be left unattended in the facility. All children under the age of 2 must have an adult in the pool with them. When no lifeguard is on duty, the pool is closed to recreational swimming. No swimmers in the water when the lifeguard is not on duty. Also, Parents in the Parent participation classes should not enter the pool area until your class is called. Parents/guardians should pick up their children at the end of class. No child can be left alone in the viewing area. Students can not leave the facility alone. Little Flippers reserves the right to charge $5 per minute that a parent is late to pick up a class student.
Photographs & Videos
Photos and videos are occasionally taken at Little Flippers and visual images of you and / or your child may be used for publicity purposes in newsletters, posters and advertising as well as on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Email is our preferred form of communication. We email our customers regularly with information, newsletters, upcoming events and promotions. You may also update your information or opt out of email through your customer portal.
What is needed for class:
- Swim Suit – We recommend one-piece bathing suits for girls and swim trunks or Speedos for boys. Rash guards are okay. No t-shirts, shorts, or sewn-in floats allowed. No swim aids (inflatables, etc.) of any kind are allowed at any time, as they can actually be a drowning risk.
- Goggles – Goggles are recommended, but not required. Goggles may be helpful in getting a child to put thier face in the water and in getting them to open their eyes under water. There are a variety of goggles on sale in our pro shop and our staff will be happy to assist you with finding the proper fit for your child. Our instructors will lead some skills without the use of goggles.
- All children over the age of 4 with long hair (touches the shoulders) must have their hair pulled back. Swim caps may also be worn, and they can be purchased at the front desk or at any sporting goods retailer.
- Double Layer – All children under the age of 4, even if they are potty trained, must wear two layers, one being a snug-fitting non-disposable swim diapers. No exceptions. Wearing only a disposable diaper is not allowed. These diapers do not keep a solid from entering the pool. The non-disposable diaper must pass the two finger test (if 2 fingers can be inserted under the elastic in the legs and waist, the swim diaper is too large and the child will not be permitted in the water). Non disposable Swim diapers are available for purchase through us. In addition, some students who have shown a tendency to have an accident in the pool may be required to wear special clothing for containment (Adult Size rubber pants).
- Please bring your own towels
The Pool Rules
The rules are to be followed by everyone in the pool area at all times.
- NO running or horseplay
- NO children are allowed in pool area unsupervised
- Adults and children not participating are to remain in designated viewing area
- NO glass containers around pool area
- Always inform us if your child has an ear infection or upset stomach or any other medical conditions prior to lessons
- NO diving!
- Swim diapers must be worn by any child under the age of 4 (even if toilet trained)
- NO diaper changing in pool area (table available in changing area)
- NO smoking in pool area or anywhere in our facility
- Spitting, biting and hitting will not be tolerated
- EMERGENCY CALL 911
Security & Personal Property
The Little Flippers facility is under video surveillance. Little Flippers is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Lockers are available. Please bring your own lock and take all belongings after each use. All misplaced items will be kept on site for two weeks and held in main office lost and found. We do have security cameras located throughout the facility.
If a class must be canceled due a facility-related emergency, a make-up class will be scheduled. We will be alerting customers of emergency closures by using email. If a cell phone number is on file, we may attempt to send a text message alert, but currently we will use email as the priority.