- One of our goals is to develop long term relationships with all of the families who swim with us. To do this we have small class sizes allowing for lots of individual interaction. We also have a DECK SUPERVISOR who is a senior staff member and experienced instructor. The deck supervisor is the “concierge” for both the instructors and parents. The deck supervisor assists instructors with evaluating students and they provide an extra layer of safety as the extra eyes to watch all of the classes. The deck supervisor knows all of the students and can advise parents on progress and address any concerns you may have about your child’s class. We have customer service specialists who can assist you with registration, swim gear purchases and any questions about our programs. Thank you for choosing Little Flippers!
Founders – Edward and Sally Poveromo
- Prior to owning her own business Sally Poveromo, M. Ed., worked in sales for a biotechnology firm and as a chemist for a major pharmaceutical company. She now joins her husband Ed, a former NCAA Collegiate Swimming and Diving team member, as they introduce their Little Flippers Swim School program to families in the Boston area. Together they have a shared belief that swimming is one of the greatest physical activities in the world and that swimming education has become essential for infants and toddler safety. They want to expand opportunities for children to get movement education and whether it is in the gym or the pool, provide experiences that teach learning skills and life skills better than other children’s activities, especially for young children.
Young children live in a physical world and there is simply nothing like the progressive challenges of gymnastics and swimming activities for teaching self confidence. Both activities foster the life long health habits of physical activity.
- Sally is the founder of Planet Gymnastics and has owned and operated that business for 20 years. When not at work you can find Sally on the tennis court or out running. She has completed 3 Boston Marathons and now training for Chicago. Both Ed and Sally are current members of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance and the United States Swim School Association. They travel regularly around the country to meet with other aquatics professionals in order to stay abreast of new trends within the industry. Sally has completed all parts of the USSSA program of study for teaching infant and toddler swim and both Ed and Sally are American Red Cross Lifeguards and NSPF Certified Pool Operators. Little Flippers is the realization of a combined dream to provide kids of all ability levels, an opportunity to begin a life long love of water for safety, fitness, and enjoyment.
Andy Broido – Consulting Flipper & Curriculum Development Specialist
- Andy Broido sold her swim school, Quality Swimming, in October 2011 to two of her long time employees and quickly started her swim consulting practice. Andy recently joined Little Flippers Swim School as a part time consultant and is instructor for curriculum development and staff training. She currently splits her time between her business, A Broido consulting and the Swimagine Institute which is a division of 3rd Level Consulting.
- Swimming has always been a focal point of Andy Broido’s life. At age 12, Andy held her first swim instructor position at Brown Ledge Camp in Malletts Bay, Vermont and has been doing it ever since. She started her 1st swim school in Orange County, California in the 1970’s after holding multiple Aquatic Director Positions. In 1985 she moved to Boca Raton, Florida to direct the swim school at the world class facility Mission Bay. She built that school from the beginning until 1991 when Mission Bay closed and the swim school became Quality Swimming. Andy is a former USSSA board member and a long time member of the infant committee. She is also a member of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance, Swim Australia and Safe Kids.
Of course, the heart of our swim school is our dynamic professional teaching staff. They are specifically chosen for their child friendly personalities, maturity and compassion for children. In addition to their love of children and talent for teaching, they are all certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. Each of our instructors is well trained in the “Four Pillars of Swimming” method and regularly participate in hands on in water trainings and seminars. They are our Managers, Deck Supervisors, Swim Instructors and Deck Assistants. Our entire staff is also required to attend regular training workshops and they must pass a NCIS background check.
Our Management Team
Mr. Chris has been with Little Flippers since the Fall of 2012, right after the doors opened! Prior to discovering the swim school industry, Chris spent over 10 years teaching lessons, training instructors and managing staff for a variety of aquatic facilities. Developing those skills truly prepared him for the role of Operations Director. Chris is a fabulous mentor and enjoys working with the management team. He welcomes the opportunity to develop the staff around him and his enthusiasm is infectious! He embraces health & fitness as a lifestyle and credits that for his endless energy while at the workplace.
Miss Kelly has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2013. She is a graduate of Salem State University and has been teaching and coaching swimming for over 20 years. She is a former synchronized swimmer, competitive swimmer, triathlete and open water swimmer. Currently she enjoys swimming for fun and fitness. Kelly is also a Certified Lifeguarding Instructor for the American Red Cross and as Program Director, she enjoys developing the program, curriculum and training staff for success. She also loves teaching swimmers of all ages and abilities!
Miss Maureen has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2014. She has been in the pool since the age of 7 and has not been out since! In addition she has been teaching swim lessons for over 16 years and especially enjoys watching young swimmers progress. As Program Manager she is an integral part of the curriculum and development for our swim school. She is a Framingham State Graduate and in her free time, enjoys being with her with her husband, family and son.
Mr. Nate has been with the Little Flippers team since 2013. He enjoys working with children and helping them overcome any challenge in a fun and safe environment. In his role as Assistant Operations Manager he takes pride in making sure the facility is immaculate and running smoothly! Mr. Nate loves staying active and spends his free time snowboarding, competing in obstacle course races and playing with his dog Chesney.
Mr. Brandon joined the Little Flippers team in the spring of 2015. He enjoys being active by playing soccer, dodge ball, basketball, and of course swimming! He prides himself on being resilient and facing his fears, once getting back on his skateboard just two days after he fell and broke his wrist cast and all! He enjoys working with children and creating a fun and friendly environment in each lesson.
Our Instructors, Office and Deck Support
Mr Adam – Instructor
Miss Carolyn – Instructor
Miss Felicia – Instructor
Miss Shana – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Caroline – Instructor
Miss Margarita – Instructor
Mr. Alex – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Mr. Tiago – Office
Miss Karen – Instructor
Miss Mary – Instructor
Mr. Wagner – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Ibolya – Instructor
Miss Kendra – Instructor
Miss Jacquelyn – Instructor
Miss Sue- Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Katie – Instructor
Miss Kylie – Instructor
Miss Hannah – Instructor
Mr. Leo – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Paola – Instructor
Miss Caroline – Instructor
Miss Jordan – Office
Miss Ashley – Instructor
Mr. Leonardo – Instructor
Miss Bianca – Instructor
Miss Victoria – Instructor
Miss Amy – Instructor
Miss Karisa – Instructor
Miss Aleksandra – Instructor
Mr. Ben – Instructor
Miss Jennifer – Instructor
Mr. Sam – Instructor
Miss Catherine – Office
Mr. Stephen – Instructor, Deck Supervisor and Office
Miss Caitlyn – In Training
Miss Heather – In Training
Miss Ariana – Instructor
Miss Nicole – Instructor
Miss Arielle – Instructor