- One of our goals is to develop long term relationships with all of the families who swim with us. To do this we have small class sizes allowing for lots of individual interaction. We also have a DECK SUPERVISOR who is a senior staff member and experienced instructor. The deck supervisor is the “concierge” for both the instructors and parents. The deck supervisor assists instructors with evaluating students and they provide an extra layer of safety as the extra eyes to watch all of the classes. The deck supervisor knows all of the students and can advise parents on progress and address any concerns you may have about your child’s class. We have customer service specialists who can assist you with registration, swim gear purchases and any questions about our programs. Thank you for choosing Little Flippers!
Founders – Edward and Sally Poveromo
- Prior to owning her own business Sally Poveromo, M. Ed., worked in sales for a biotechnology firm and as a chemist for a major pharmaceutical company. She now joins her husband Ed, a former NCAA Collegiate Swimming and Diving team member, as they introduce their Little Flippers Swim School program to families in the Boston area. Together they have a shared belief that swimming is one of the greatest physical activities in the world and that swimming education has become essential for infants and toddler safety. They want to expand opportunities for children to get movement education and whether it is in the gym or the pool, provide experiences that teach learning skills and life skills better than other children’s activities, especially for young children.
Young children live in a physical world and there is simply nothing like the progressive challenges of gymnastics and swimming activities for teaching self confidence. Both activities foster the life long health habits of physical activity.
- Sally is the founder of Planet Gymnastics and has owned and operated that business for 20 years. When not at work you can find Sally on the tennis court or out running. She has completed 3 Boston Marathons and now training for Chicago. Both Ed and Sally are current members of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance and the United States Swim School Association. They travel regularly around the country to meet with other aquatics professionals in order to stay abreast of new trends within the industry. Sally has completed all parts of the USSSA program of study for teaching infant and toddler swim and both Ed and Sally are American Red Cross Lifeguards and NSPF Certified Pool Operators. Little Flippers is the realization of a combined dream to provide kids of all ability levels, an opportunity to begin a life long love of water for safety, fitness, and enjoyment.
Andy Broido – Consulting Flipper & Curriculum Development Specialist
- Andy Broido sold her swim school, Quality Swimming, in October 2011 to two of her long time employees and quickly started her swim consulting practice. Andy recently joined Little Flippers Swim School as a part time consultant and is instructor for curriculum development and staff training. She currently splits her time between her business, A Broido consulting and the Swimagine Institute which is a division of 3rd Level Consulting.
- Swimming has always been a focal point of Andy Broido’s life. At age 12, Andy held her first swim instructor position at Brown Ledge Camp in Malletts Bay, Vermont and has been doing it ever since. She started her 1st swim school in Orange County, California in the 1970’s after holding multiple Aquatic Director Positions. In 1985 she moved to Boca Raton, Florida to direct the swim school at the world class facility Mission Bay. She built that school from the beginning until 1991 when Mission Bay closed and the swim school became Quality Swimming. Andy is a former USSSA board member and a long time member of the infant committee. She is also a member of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance, Swim Australia and Safe Kids.
Of course, the heart of our swim school is our dynamic professional teaching staff. They are specifically chosen for their child friendly personalities, maturity and compassion for children. In addition to their love of children and talent for teaching, they are all certified in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. Each of our instructors is well trained in the “Four Pillars of Swimming” method and regularly participate in hands on in water trainings and seminars. They are our Managers, Deck Supervisors, Swim Instructors and Deck Assistants. Our entire staff is also required to attend regular training workshops and they must pass a NCIS background check.
Our Management Team
Mr. Chris has been with Little Flippers since the Fall of 2012, right after the doors opened! Prior to discovering the swim school industry, Chris spent over 10 years teaching lessons, training instructors and managing staff for a variety of aquatic facilities. Developing those skills truly prepared him for the role of Operations Director. Chris is a fabulous mentor and enjoys working with the management team. He welcomes the opportunity to develop the staff around him and his enthusiasm is infectious! He embraces health & fitness as a lifestyle and credits that for his endless energy while at the workplace.
Miss Kelly has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2013. She is a graduate of Salem State University and has been teaching and coaching swimming for over 20 years. She is a former synchronized swimmer, competitive swimmer, triathlete and open water swimmer. Currently she enjoys swimming for fun and fitness. Kelly is also a Certified Lifeguarding Instructor for the American Red Cross and as Program Director, she enjoys developing the program, curriculum and training staff for success. She also loves teaching swimmers of all ages and abilities!
Miss Kristen has been with Little Flippers since the Summer of 2014. In her role as Special Events Manager she loves having the ability to innovate and create new and exiting programs! She is an experienced swim instructor with a background in teaching archery and substitute teaching. In her downtime, she loves snowboarding, reading, being outdoors and going to as many concerts as possible. When it is time to travel she enjoys family time back home in Maine.
Miss Lyndsey has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2013. Her previous experience with running the office for her father’s Electric Company and managing the Central Cafe in Natick has prepared her for her role as Office Manager. She also has experience Lifeguarding and teaching lessons at the YMCA in Hopkinton. Lyndsey enjoys the day to day tasks but has a passion for interacting with our Little Flippers families! She is also a fabulous mom to three boys!
Mr. Tiago has been with Little Flippers since 2014. Before his career at Little Flippers he had spent many years working in a childcare facility and as a babysitter. He is a recent graduate from Framingham State University with a BA in Psychology and when not at work, he can be found exploring the city, binge-watching Netflix and spending time with family and friends. He loves being around children because of their resiliency and ability to make him laugh. Tiago is also bilingual and enjoys speaking Portuguese whenever possible. Interacting with families each day is what excites him the most in his role as Customer Service Supervisor!
Mr. Alex has been with Little Flippers since the Fall of 2013. He started swimming competitively around 3 years old and continued throughout high school where he qualified for sectionals and states each year. Alex is a graduate of Franklin Pierce University with a bachelors in Criminal Justice. He enjoys his role as Operations Manager and looks forward to keeping the facility pristine each day!
Mr. Sean has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2016. His previous work as an aquatics manager for the city of Newton prepared him well for his role as Assistant Operations Manager. Sean graduated from Roger Williams University in Rhode Island where he studied psychology and criminal justice and in his free time he enjoys traveling, cooking, and spending time outdoors. His favorite part about his job is getting to meet so many different families and students!
Miss Maureen has been with Little Flippers since the Spring of 2014. She has been in the pool since the age of 7 and has not been out since! In addition she has been teaching swim lessons for over 16 years and especially enjoys watching young swimmers progress. As Program Manager she is an integral part of the curriculum and development for our swim school. She is a Framingham State Graduate and in her free time, enjoys being with her with her husband, family and son.
Our Instructors, Office and Deck Support
Miss Caitlin – Deck Supervisor
Miss Caroline – Instructor
Miss Felicia – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Mr. Adam – Instructor
Miss Shana – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Margarita – Instructor
Miss Caroline – Instructor
Miss Chelsey – Instructor and Office
Miss Alyssa – Instructor
Mr. Nate – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Karen – Instructor
Miss Mary – Instructor
Mr. Wagner – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Mr. Al – Instructor and Deck Supervisor
Miss Ibolya – Instructor
Miss Kendra – Instructor
Miss Jacquelyn – Instructor
Miss Sue- Instructor
Mr. Brandon – Instructor
Miss Katie – Instructor
Miss Kylie – Instructor
Miss Hannah – Instructor
Mr. Leo – Instructor
Mr. Tommy – Instructor
Miss Paola – Instructor
Miss Megan – Instructor
Miss Krisztina – Instructor
Miss Caroline – Instructor
Miss Kady – Office
Mr. Zeke – Instructor
Mr. Leon – Instructor
Miss Jordan – Office
Miss Ashley – Instructor
Mr. Joe – In Training
Mr. Leonardo – In Training
Miss Bianca – In Training
Miss Victoria – In Training
Miss Amy – In Training
Miss Karisa – In Training